Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
This page will give you the latest updates on how we are responding to Covid-19. It will let you know the local situation and what safety measures we are implementing at Thingstodocapeverde.com
- Cape Verde Borders are currently open to international flights.
- Check latest travel advice to Cape Verde here: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/cape-verde
- Latest updates on travel to Cape Verde: https://www.governo.cv/
- Entry to Cape Verde requires a negative PCR Test.
- Travel between islands requires a negative Rapid Blood Test. Cost approx 10 Euros at Medlab Santa Maria (Email: reception@firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com or Tel: +238 242 2242 / Urgent: +2389896060).
- Beaches are open.
- Masks are required inside public spaces except when drinking or consuming food.
- Social Distancing 2 metres apart is required inside public spaces.
- Large group gatherings are not permitted.
Getting a PCR Test yourself for your onward travel
- The only place offering a PCR test at the moment is Delegacia de Saúde (National Health Service) in Espargos.
- Centro de Saúde dos Espargos / Delegacia de Saúde - Espargos
- Tel: +238 241 11 30
- Address: R. Albertino Fortes - Espargos, Ilha do Sal
Getting there from Santa Maria:
- Takes approx 25mins by car (just 5mins past the airport)
- Taxiis approx €15 each way vs local mini shuttle buses €1 per person
- You can find it on the road behind Bom dia restaurant / near the school / near finance office) after the Canada municipal building when you enter Espargos.
- They are open every day
- You don’t book an appointment in advance, you just go.
- Arrive by 08:00, there will already be a queue and they close early
- Sometimes they give out a number and sometimes you just queue.
- When called, complete some forms - with reception at the first door then go to get
- Request your results in dual language which will be Portuguese and English
- They will take you to another room where someone will do the test for you
What to bring:
- Printed copy of your passport
- Your travel itinerary (proof of onward flight and travel (they want to see the day you will fly).
- 24-48 hours
- They will advise you but previously they have been able to email results directly
- On my last visit they said collection only which was at approx 16:00
- 6500 escudos / €60.00
- Cash only
Recommended taxi who knows what you need to do and can take you to the right place:
- Patrick +238 590 94 92 (Charges €25/25,000 CVE round trip and waiting) knows the whole process, the taxi I use in Sal and I can book for you if you needed).
- Silvino +238 998 55 27 (fluent English but a bit more expensive)
What you can expect from us...
Activities and tours are for your bubble only from now on.
All equipment will be disinfected between customers. The office will also be cleaned in between clients.
Provided for all of our team.
Available throughout your activity.
Washing our hands for 20 seconds every 30 minutes.
We are operating with minimal staff and keeping 2 metres apart from each other.
What you can expect from our partners...
Available on request.
Covid safety measures in place per excursion depend entirely on our partners but we will do our best to ensure you are protected and they offer suitable adjustments for your needs.
What we expect from you...
1 client bubble in the office at a time.
Please bring minimal items to excursions.
Wash Your Hands.
For 20 seconds every 30 minutes..
Sanitise Your Hands.
Please use when you enter and leave.
Pay With Card.
For everyone’s safety we are prefer card where possible.
Be Kind To Each Other.
There’s a lot going on right now, and people are adjusting. Please be kind and respectful to each other.